Skip to main content

After the “Iron Wall”: Israel launches another large-scale operation in northern West Bank

 The IOF claims that the extensive military campaign aims to crackdown on new Palestinian armed resistance groups in the making.

November 27, 2025 by Aseel Saleh
IOF Soldiers raid Jenin
IOF soldiers carrying out a raid in Jenin, in January 2025, as part of Operation Iron Wall. Photo: IOF Spokesperson's Unit

After Israel’s 10-month “Iron Wall” operation in the northern governorates of the occupied West Bank had failed to eradicate Palestinian resistance, the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) launched yet another extensive military campaign on Wednesday, November 26, targeting the same areas.

The IOF and the Israel Security Agency (known as Shin Bet) said in a joint statement on Wednesday morning, that the new operation aims to prevent emergent Palestinian resistance groups from being established in several areas in the northeast of the West Bank, including Tubas, Tammun, and Aqaba.

According to Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth, the intensive military action involves three IOF brigades, forces from the Commando Brigade, Samaria and Menashe regional brigades, Shin Bet agents and Border Police officers.

The Israeli Air Force is also taking part in the operation by carrying out strikes “to isolate and seal off” the targeted areas.

The broad assault expanded to the northern governorate of Jenin on Wednesday night, resulting in the killing of Osama Kameel (20) in Qabatia town.

On Thursday, November 27, the IOF announced that the Israeli Air Force targeted seven sites allegedly used as hideouts by resistance groups in different parts of the West Bank with airstrikes.

Furthermore, over 220 sites were searched, dozens of Palestinians were interrogated and several others were detained.

Citing the Israeli Army Radio, Palestinian Ma’an news agency reported that the Israeli forces assassinated three Palestinian resistance fighters during a raid in the neighborhood of Jabal Abu Dhuhair, in the outskirts of Jenin refugee camp on Thursday. However, the identities of the slain Palestinian men have not been revealed yet.

The operation was preceded by bloody days across the West Bank

Israel’s new wide-scale offensive followed some of the bloodiest days across the West Bank, during which the IOF had murdered a number of Palestinian youths.

On Friday, November 21, Israeli soldiers shot dead Amr Al-Marboua (18), and Sami Mashaikha (16) during a military incursion in the town of Kafr Aqab, north of occupied Jerusalem.

Palestinian police officer Younis Shtayyeh (24) was also killed by the IOF on Friday, in the town of Tell near the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

On Sunday, November 23, Adel Qazzaz (26) succumbed to injuries he sustained after being shot by Israeli troops days earlier in Dura town, in the West Bank southern governorate of Hebron.

That same day saw the killing of Baraa Maali (20) at the hands of the IOF, while he was confronting an attack by illegal Israeli settlers on the village of Deir Jarir northeast of the Ramallah and Al-Bireh governorate, in the central occupied West Bank.

“Resistance is a viable and continuous effort”

The current Israeli military campaign in the northern West Bank marks a crucial development, because it has once again confirmed the determination of the Palestinian people to continue resisting Israel as a fascist occupying power.

Analysts claim that while Netanyahu’s government has relentlessly sought to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict by waging a brutal indefinite multi-front war across West Asia, its goal seems to be far from attainable, as facts on the ground show that the peoples of the region continue to support the path of resistance.

This approach brings to mind the legacy of late Palestinian resistance icon and writer, Basel Al-Araj, who once said: “Resistance is a viable and continuous effort”.

This article was published in Peoples Dispatch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY AMERICA WANTS BANGLADESH IN QUAD? WHAT IS THE GEOGRAPHICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF BANGLADESH?

  Amercia has been pressurising Bangladesh since long now to join US led anti china alliance that is called as QUAD anf which include America, Japan, Australia and Bangladesh's neighbor  India. Question under discussion here is that What is the geographical  significance  of Bangladesh and What it can offer to  the QUAD allaince if it is included in this group?  Follow us on The Blank Page Official on Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/TBPOfficial1/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/pageblank Website: https://theblankpageofficial.blogspot.com/ Support us:  Patreon :   https://www.patreon.com/theblankpageofficial https://reticencevaliddecoction.com/y8481e0z?key=0ee2be2f5e34a58eed18b0b3d54c7ea7

ITS "DEAD END" FOR INDIAN FOREIGN RELATIONS - CREDIT GOES TO MODI LED BJP 'SARKAR'

Advertisement:  //lidsaich.net/4/6356527 India used to maintain fine balance in its foreign relations while dealing with America and Russia. However, since PM Modi took charge in 2014 a visible shift was observed in India’s foreign policy towards America and that traditional balance was compromised. During PM Modi’s tenure, India entered into three most significant military agreements with the Americans including BECA. Now this was senseless move from the BJP government because of the fact that the India is heavily dependent on Russia for military needs and Russia US are Arch Rivals. Which means India went with USA on strategic matters and at the same time, it kept relying on Russia to fulfill its military needs. So it was quite obvious that whenever there would be any dispute between the Russia and America, it would be hard for India to make any policy decision. This is exactly what has happened now during Ukraine Russia War where Russians are against Ukraine and US is with Ukra...

Demonstrators in DC Call for Ceasefire in Gaza

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Pro-Palestinian protesters held a rally outside the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters in Washington, DC, urging a ceasefire in Gaza.  US Capitol police officers have clashed with the non-violent protesters. The protest was organized by three advocacy groups and held in an area near the US Capitol in Washington on Wednesday night to urge lawmakers for a ceasefire in Palestine and an end to the brutal Israeli military campaign in the Gaza Strip. Several advocacy groups, including IfNotNow and Jewish Voice for Peace Action, claimed on X platform (formerly known as Twitter) that they were “assaulted.” “We were peacefully linking arms, singing, and calling for a ceasefire,” IfNotNow posted. “Then Capitol Police rushed in, threw us down the stairs, and pepper sprayed us.” The organizers rejected allegations that demonstrators were violent. Photos posted on social media showed protesters wearing black T-shirts stenciled with “Cease Fire Now...